Sunday, May 25, 2014

My Trip to New Orleans

We were at the airport so early many things were closed.When we got in the airport the very first thing is check in, this lets the airline know you will be flying. My mom did electronic check-in.Then when we got in the plane it was very small. We were excited for take off, but the plane was broken. We waited inside the
plane for over two hours. Me and my brother had snacks and some water.

After waiting for two hours the plane finally took off to Denver, Colorado. We missed our connecting flight. So we had to spend the night in Denver, Colorado. We stayed at the Double Tree Hotel, it was a fancy hotel. The hotel gave us free stuff. They gave us (William and me) a coloring book with crayons.They also gave us teddy bears.                                                                             PLANE 2                                                              
The next morning we checked in and left Denver for New Orleans. This plane didn't break down, we were lucky. I got a snack and got to watch TV shows.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

 Day 1 of Mardi Gras                                                                                                                            
We met up with our friends the Moncures and went to Mardi Gras. It was super fun! Parade floats were throwing toys and necklaces. We collect all cool stuff from the floats. We had hot dogs for dinner.

Day 2 of Mardi Gras
I took a break from writing.

Day 3 of Mardi Gras
It was raining but I scored more toys and beads on this day. I got hit with a football but I had so much fun.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

French Quarter                                                                                          When we were at the French Quarter I bought a mask.We rode down the Mississippi River on a steamboat called Natchez.The boat had a restaurant and we ate red beans and rice, fried fish, salad and bread pudding.On the boat there was a band playing jazz music.


Clearly, I had a very fun time in New Orleans                                                                                                                                                                

Extra Photos:

1 comment:

  1. It looks like so much fun Kailyn! I would love to visit too. Keep writing, I can't wait to read more.